In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG 220. FUTURE COLLECTABLE?

dandydandy Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hey everybody, just wandering about this. I got a great deal on a nib 220 with night sights. Originally bought it to sale later. I have a 220 I use for everyday carry so I really can't justify 2 [:D][:D]. Anyway do you think the 220 might be a good collector piece maybe 20-30 years down the road or should I just keep it for a shooter? I heard from a buddy that said Sig was thinking of getting out of public sales and go strictly military and police sales only. I know that prices have sure gone up this year. All opinions appreciated. Dandy

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 220 has been in continuous production since the mid 70's. Unless your pistol is a low production variation. I wouldn't count on it having great collectors value, in the future.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Rufe. A "good" collector piece, probably not, but it will likely never go down in value.

Hell, 20-30 yrs from now you may not even be able to buy ANY guns if the gun grabbers get their way.

I have a P220 Sig and one of the original Browning BDA's with the bottom mag release. I used them at work before we went to Glocks. Sig makes excellent guns. Either way, you cant go wrong.

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"