In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pistole Modell 27 - Kal. 7.65 questions...

clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
This is another pistol I am trying to find info on... This looks like it is in good condition, as is the holster. Anyone know what fnh stands for? How about age & value?
HPIM5297.jpg
HPIM5298.jpg
HPIM5301.jpg
HPIM5303.jpg
HPIM5304.jpg
HPIM5305.jpg
HPIM5306.jpg
HPIM5307.jpg
Thanks! [:)]

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Czech CZ-27. It was made for the Germans during their occupation of Czechooslovakia during the latter years of W W II. I would rate it approximately in Very Good condition. Value it in the $250-$350, range.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    NOT BAD crude war time machining better then the revolvers you are thinking about listing. . condition of inside BORE of barrel would be important as to value "SHOOTER or NOT"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would a photo of the inside of the bore be sufficient to tell the condition & whether it is a "shooter" or not?
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    as long as the bore is clean and the pic sharp. I had an early war CZ27 and loved it as a shooter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the best way to clean the bore? I can put a photo up tomorrow... want to shoot it with natural light & fill flash to get the best results.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just use a good bore cleaner such as Hoppes no 9. Otherwise any dirt or contamination could be interpreted as pitting or frosting of the bore due to corrosive ammunition use and neglect.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately I do not have any gun cleaners... Wehrmacht_45, Is there anything "in the household" that is safe & sufficient that I could use to clean the bore?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mix some acetone and transmission Dextron fluid. Smelly but works ok with some elbow grease as a cheap bore cleaner. The specific formula can be found if you Google "Eds Red Bore Cleaner Formula" Or if nothing else some good 3 in 1 oil or WD40 might get plain dirt out but wont do much for any real lead or copper fouling if its present.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45
    mix some acetone and transmission Dextron fluid. Smelly but works ok with some elbow grease as a cheap bore cleaner. The specific formula can be found if you Google "Eds Red Bore Cleaner Formula" Or if nothing else some good 3 in 1 oil or WD40 might get plain dirt out but wont do much for any real lead or copper fouling if its present.

Perfect! I will see what I have lying around & give it a shot tomorrow! Will have to check out Ed's Formula
  • Options
    edited November -1