In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bout the ugliest pistol ever w/ folding trigger...

clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
This is the last of the pistols I have & it is the most unusual! No name, just a letter "R", a serial, & a symbol... Uhm, any clue as to what it is & any history? Looking for a value from anyone familiar...

HPIM5418.jpg
HPIM5419.jpg
HPIM5420.jpg
HPIM5422.jpg
HPIM5424.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello lets just say I agree ugly however I just have to ask what brand and model camera are you using I for one am very impressed. cheers Karl
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't find any info but sure look to be from Europe. Please let us know when you have listed these.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    often called a Velo Bulldog,mostly belgium but a few makers in spain,germany and france values seem to run 200.00 to 400.00
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The R with the crown is a Belgian proof mark if I recall, and the design is most definitely a Velo Dog type revolver. I saw a similar piece at the local gunshop chambered in 32 S&W short, however there were a variety of anemic calibers these cheap self defense guns came in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello lets just say I agree ugly however I just have to ask what brand and model camera are you using I for one am very impressed. cheers Karl

Thanks Karl, I am using an inexpensive HP Photosmart R727 6.2 megapixel point & shoot camera. These results can be achieved by any digital that you can manually set to macro for closeups, & can also force the flash to fire every shot. The key is to have these settings on, back away from the subject but zoom in tight on it and to be sure you have either a good natural or artificial light source to fill in the shadows. As long as the camera focused accurately the image should be sharp & the lighting full. The background also makes a difference as the subject should not blend in to the background. I hope this makes sense! [8D]

"Can't find any info but sure look to be from Europe. Please let us know when you have listed these." Will do, I may be listing as soon as tomorrow.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    When it comes time to register over on the auction side of Gunbroker, use "clickclick" as your selling username, also. Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    When it comes time to register over on the auction side of Gunbroker, use "clickclick" as your selling username, also. Joe

Ah nuts, I was afraid of this... I already had an account from 1 prior auction I had at least a year ago & for some reason or another I was unable to use my original name when I signed up for the forums. I contacted GB but never & still haven't heard anything...

Anyway my user name for auctions is ezbme2003. Keep an eye out & I will probably just let it be known on each of these threads when I list each gun. Is it against policy to post a link to an auction in a thread?
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No cc,

You can post on here with reference to your auction. Folks do it by using the subject "shameless plug". We will be watching.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    No cc,

You can post on here with reference to your auction. Folks do it by using the subject "shameless plug". We will be watching.

Thanks & I will just put up a quick note the auction is on when I get the chance to post them. "Shameless plug"? How exactly does that work? [:D]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Belgian, from the R proof, and the scoop fluting of the cylinder. Blieve you have a "Velo Dog" revolver- literally for bicyclist (Velocipede) to shoot dogs. Calibers are typically 22 velo dog (a CF 22) or .320 European (close to .32 Short Colt) both uncommon in US.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by clickclick
    quote:Originally posted by givette

Ah nuts, I was afraid of this... I already had an account from 1 prior auction I had at least a year ago & for some reason or another I was unable to use my original name when I signed up for the forums. I contacted GB but never & still haven't heard anything...

Anyway my user name for auctions is ezbme2003. Keep an eye out & I will probably just let it be known on each of these threads when I list each gun. Is it against policy to post a link to an auction in a thread?

Use the title of "Shameless Plug" and post a link to all of the auctions under your user name. HOWEVER, do NOT post in the "Ask the experts" forum or it will get poofed. Post it in the "General Discussion" forum.