In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Compact 9mm, Kahr CW9 or Keltec PF9, suggestions?

kyteachkyteach Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Looking for a small 9mm for concealed carry, any experiences with a Kahr CW9 or Keltec PF9?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kahr.

Better in all aspects.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't support Kahr for political reasons. I carried a Keltec 32 for a couple of years and bought their single stack 9 last fall. Good piece, price, & customer support.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually prefer the Keltec, fits me better.
    And I would hate to give a penny to the "Moonies" at Kahr.

CP
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I would take the Kel Tec between the two, but would get a Walther PPS over both.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Just got a Kahr CW45 a few months ago, great gun. Is there something about em'(company) I should know.[:(!]
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The moonies would like a one world government, with one religion, and no separation of church and state. Its a political and religious cult.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45
    The moonies would like a one world government, with one religion, and no separation of church and state. Its a political and religious cult.

I really don't want to hijack this thread. Are you friggin kiddin me, moonies own Kahr?
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's no hijack Beer but google their name. I can't support them no matter what quality of their product.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To clarify here, the owner, CEO and founder of Kahr arms is the son of Reverend Sun Young Moon of the cult "Moonies" fame.

I have no idea to what extent the owner subscribes to his fathers religious ideology or to what extent he is personally involved with the "Moonie" Re-unification church. The owner is actually a Harvard graduate, and set up shop in Worcester MA.

But yes, the Kahr arms corporation is owned by the Re-unification church's holding company. So yes, the Moonies *DO* own Kahr arms, and supposedly all their armed security use them.

Personally, I don't own one of these guns, though they do have a good reputation.

Interestingly, new Kahr guns are not MA-compliant, and therefore new ones can't be sold legally in MA, *even though they are made there*. (There are other MA-made guns that can't be sold there, too).
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Learn something everyday thanks was about to buy a Kahr
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I don't buy Colt because the head man there isn't my religion either.

EDIT:
    added interview with Justin Moon by Ayoob.
    American Handgunner, p.58 - 67
    November / December 2001
    BY MASSAD AYOOB
    PHOTOS BY ICHIRO NAGATA
    http://www.tparents.org/Moon-Talks/moon-family/KookJin-050100.htm

He sounds like a smart man, wanting to build good guns. Not sure about the world domination thing, that sounds like made up internet hoax crap to me. Moon is pretty open.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    I don't buy Colt because the head man there isn't my religion either.

The one world goverment thing is my beef other then that I could careless
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have owned the 9mm and 40sw and they went bang first time every time. The polymer versions are easy to carry. My 2 cents
  • Options
    rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sucks about Kahr. I think you should go to your local gunshop and pick up and feel all your choices. Who knows, you might like an XD 9mm sub, which is what I carry.