In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6.5 x 47 mm Lapua trim size ?

countershaftcountershaft Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
Anyone tell me the correct case trim length for the 6.5 x 47 mm Lapua case ??? thanks

Comments

• Options
    Idaho bobIdaho bob Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suggest you go to www.6mmbr.com as there is every thing you want to know on that cartridge in the forums there. Hope this helps, Bob
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    countershaft,

My apologies. If you had wanted an answer from another website you would have gone there in the first place.

According to the Lapua specifications I received on the announcement of the program, the length from the factory is 47mm MAX, or 1.850" for us. The trim to length is 0.010" less than that or 1.840" approx. This will also depend upon the reamer used to cut the chamber since none are exactly correct to the nearest thousandth of an inch.

Generally for Match chambers I cast them and measure to be sure. Then measure your cases since the factories rarely send brass that is the book length anymore. Usually the cases are shorter although with the Lapua brass I have, it's pretty close to specs.

Best.