In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Uberti Cattleman in .45 Colt--Any Good??

cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Ask the Experts
A recent purchase puts one of my previously purchased handguns in jeopardy of being traded[:D]

I found a Uberti Cattleman in like new condition, not a mark on it anywhere and it's tight! It's a .45 Colt with blue and case color and a 4 3/4"--the length I'd want. It can be bought outright for $350 or a tad less for cash or I can trade for it at about even. My question isn't so much about the deal or the price...

Is the Uberti Cattleman in this variation a decent gun? I know it won't handle Ruger loads--not an issue for me as I handload and I like light to medium loads out of a single action .45 better anyway.

Comments

• Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try post on cowboy action forum.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cowboy shooter here.
    yes,for the money they are good guns if you need/want a colt look-alike.
    a used Ruger for the same money if available,is a better gun..better steel and finishing inside the gun. I have both and can attest to it.
    They will last for years for most folks' shooting habits,and just 'feel better' in the hands than a blackhawk..better balance.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have three of the Italian made replicas, never had an issue with any of them. You can buy four for the price of one Colt!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    I have three of the Italian made replicas, never had an issue with any of them. You can buy four for the price of one Colt!

Yeah, but if you buy a Colt, you won't need four Ubertis! [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

Have you seen the quality of the current Colt revolvers leaving the factory? Poor old Sam Colt is probably twisting in his grave!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

Have you seen the quality of the current Colt revolvers leaving the factory? Poor old Sam Colt is probably twisting in his grave!

Well, since he didn't live long enough to see a Colt SAA anyway, he wouldn't know the difference!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam Colt's spirit still roams the factory, looking over the shoulders of the workers assembling the guns.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, it's too late now...it's mine[:D] Traded just how I thought I would be able to[8D] It even had the box! I already have cases, bullets, dies etc. from the last .45 Colt I had, so I'm ready to go.
  • Options
    bearshooterbearshooter Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another American buys a cheap import..... sorry Sam.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bearshooter
    Another American buys a cheap import..... sorry Sam.

I used to feel the same way about buying imports, but then I bought a few Tikkas and CZs. I'm sorry, but the gun world doesn't start and end in the United States. I still prefer to buy American and the majority or my firearms are American made. Maybe it is a little blasphemous to own an imported Single Action, but when I buy an American one again it won't be a Colt either.