In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Standard Duramatic model #?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Ask the Experts
Any Duramatic I've seen has always been marked M-101 but there's an auction that lists a Duramatic magazine m190 ? Typo/error on the seller's part or were there different model numbers for that model name?
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe it's a typo. All the original H-S magazines for .22 LR, made from the mid 50's on, will work in the Duramatic. They were manufactured with the square shaped cutout in the in the left side of the mag, specifically for the Duramatics magazine latch.

That said, mag on the auction is probably a Triple K. Original H-S mags usually start at $50 and I have seen them sell for more then that.

Rereading your question, I might have misinterpreted it. There was a Model 100 Duramatic made for a short time in the mid 50's. The last Duramatics made by H-S in the early 70's was called the Plinker. H-S also made a Duramatic for Sears called the Model 80. All took the standard H-S mag with the square cutout on the left side of magazine.
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    That is a Duramatic 101 magazine. I have a d-101 and that mag looks exactly like mine
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    That is indeed a Triple K magazine as Rufe said. The key in this case is the follower color. They have a checkered reputation - some seem to work just fins and others don't.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JohnStimson
    That is indeed a Triple K magazine as Rufe said. The key in this case is the follower color. They have a checkered reputation - some seem to work just fins and others don't.

I'm real sorry to hear that. I thought the Triple K mags enjoyed a good reputation. I just got one for $11 + shipping, which I thought was a good deal. I've fiddled around and not taken it to the range and it will be too late to send it back if it doesn't function right. The original mag doesn't feed well at all.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    Original High Standard magazines generally function very well. Three exceptions come to mind. A dirty magazine, a magazine with bent or incorrectly adjusted lips or one of the cadmium plated magazines with rust forming between the inner and outer shells.

Here is a link to Jim Barta's magazine adjusting instructions.
    http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbarta/hsclip.pdf

Here is a link to an article by Wayne Davis comparing various magazines made by and for High Standard pistols.
    http://www.histandard.info/datapublic/Articles/WDmagazine.pdf