In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ENCORE PRO HUNTER

DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
ANY SUGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE VERY BAD TRIGER PULL?

Comments

• Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might take a look at this web site and there are other options if you Google "encore trigger" or something comparable; http://bellmtcs.com/store/ I have not tried the Bellm solution so don't know how well it works. I have two Encores and two Contenders and while the triggers are not great, they're not in the "very bad" category either. If you've tried other TC triggers and yours seems worse you might try returning it to the factory. TC is usually quite responsive when you show them that their products are not performing as they should. For example they quickly sent a new Pro-hunter barrel after I returned one along with an explanation of what I had done to try to make it shoot well.
  • Options
    wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As mentioned above, Mike produces a set of springs that can be used to adjust the pull of your encore's trigger. He also provides detailed instructions on improving it. It works.
  • Options
    spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact T/C , as mentioned above they dont like to hear that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with 22hipower. I currently have 4 T/C frames, every one has the Bellm trigger spring installed and the pull improved greatly. And Mike can certainly do more than just install a trigger spring. A bit of a chore to install and it helps if you have three hands, but if can disassemble the T/C you can switch out the spring and improve your trigger pull. I use the 2.5 lb trigger - any lighter and you have to do more work on the gun so the hammer will reset.

You can mail the frame to him and he'll do the work for you. There's some issues regarding the website and company name, you'll want to be certain you deal with Mike Bellm and not folks who used to work for him.

I wouldn't send the gun to T/C. They're a fine company but they're the ones who put the less than steller pull on it in the first place.
  • Options
    DAMMITDONDAMMITDON Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAD SEVERAL TALKES WITH MIKE BELLM "NICE MAN".GOT 4 TRIGER KITS,PULL WENT FROM 4.5&5 lb. to2.5&3 lb.ONE FRAME HAS CREAP,I CANT GET OUT.ANY IDEAS THAT WILL WORK DON