In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca .45

hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
Going to look at an Ithaca .45 today.I don't know very much about them.I do know the grips and barrel are replacements.I think the hammer is smaller also.I have looked at the old posts here,any more info would be great.Its just a shooter more than likely and thats what I'm looking for.Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When someone tells me he wants to sell a "USGI Ithaca .45", most of the time what he really has is a Filipino receiver that someone has put an Ithaca slide on (value $200-300).

What you should hope to get is an Ithaca receiver with a SN in the 856405-2660318 range, with the FJA inspectors markings immediately below the slide stop on the left side. Not a 100% guarantee that it is Ithaca, but at least it would be USGI. If so, hard to get burned at $500.

Neal
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    get the serial # i have a nice list for info most ithaca pistols were sent to guard and transportation duty
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    hey fordsix do not want to hijack post but saw your posting about the ithaca 45 . i have a ithaca s#1468974 would this be in your list and where was it sent to
    thanks
    noahquote:Originally posted by fordsix
    get the serial # i have a nice list for info most ithaca pistols were sent to guard and transportation duty
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gun 1468974 1200 gun shipment june 28th 1944 to ordnance property officer army air base kearney nebraska
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix

The gun sold before I got back there to check it out further.Supposedly everything was correct except for the grips.Oh well!There will be another one.
  • Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, I have an Ithaca S/N 264622x. I know it was made in 1945, but I am curious of when it where it was originally shipped out to. Mine was/is all original except the grips. (found correct ones) Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gun 264622x shipped june 30 1945 to transportation officer Benicia arsenal army point california in an 825 gun shipment