In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

can this be fixed properly?

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Most any thing "CAN BE FIXED" . However It seems strang to me that seller did not invest the MEAR $100.00 for the part. unless installing the part is very costly. Now if you are a gunsmith this might be a good buy .I never liked the 16 Ga. or the 9.3X72 R and I like a tang safety MUCH better then greener type safety like this one is designed for. To each his own but it does look like a quality piece.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those guns were custom made with hand fitted parts. The seller makes it sound easy as pie by just ordering out a replacement safety and sticking it on. IMHO, it would be way more complicated and likely costly then he represents it. Your going to need a pro to fit a new safety, and make sure it functions properly.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you know what it needs, you know where to purchase it and its so easy to repair,,why would you not do it yourself before you put it up for auction ?? Seams to me you would be costing yourself money selling a gun that needs repair instad of a gun thats 100%
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I figure if it only took $100 for the part to get a full price the seller would done did it. But I figure if the $100 part only add $100 and labor why bother.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would also be faced with the safety not matching the elegant scroll work on the receiver UNLESS you decide to invest a few more $ in having it engraved and patinaed.