In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 597 LS HB

JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have and hunt with the Remington 597 LS HB for small game as it seems like a nice quality semi auto rifle and appears to be a tack driver by accounts which I was not aware of how accurate this rifle was. Despite the 'no good junk' remarks everyone that I have talked to about any ftf fte problems were resolved simply by getting rid of the crappy plastic magazines and switching to the metal magazines and which from all accounts that I am aware of function flawlessly. I am going to have to get one as there are not alot of .22mag semi autos available and Remington is a quality brand name not too mention all of the different styles that the 597 is available in would definitely be useful as a hunter. I really like the .22mag however I don't care for the .17hmr which is a bit too light for me, as for style I like the laminated stock with HB although I would add iron sights to it and scope it as well on see through mounts.
Regards.
http://www.remington.com/product-families/firearms/rimfire-families/autoloading-model-597.aspx

Comments

• 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Yes I have a Remington 597 HB in 22 Mag. 1 1/2 to 6 power scope. Added Volquartsen trigger. It is great! Very accurate. Outstanding trigger. Lots of fun on running jackrabbits. 8 shots and he gets away. Very seldom empty the magazine and he must be running before starting to shoot.
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand these are quite the tack drivers, several report getting sub moa. Have you had any ftf or fte or did you already switch out from the crappy plastic mags to the metal mags?
    Sounds like a great varmint killer...

What kind of scope is that you are using?
    Volquartsen trigger are nice, they have good stuff...
    edited November -1
    Metal magazines and a Burris scope, the optics are very good on the Burris and outstanding for the price! No ftf or fte.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    5mm,

Is that a Burris Signature series, or a Blackdiamond scope? Which reticle do you have in it?

If you could, about how much are we looking at to upgrade that trigger?

Best
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 5mmgunguy
    Metal magazines and a Burris scope, the optics are very good on the Burris and outstanding for the price! No ftf or fte.

Nice, I like Burris they make fine scopes and unlike some manufacturers the prices are reasonable.
    I really like the burris eliminator scope, its the wave of the future in optics, you cant miss with this thing.

How difficult should it be to place low profile iron sights on this, no more than any other rifle I would suspect?
    edited November -1
    tsr: It is a signature series, think I paid $185, it was used but looks new to me. Duplex style reticle. Paid $49 for the trigger and installed it myself, very easy to do. Trigger breaks like glass at just over 2 1/2 lbs