In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ellis Optics MK 7

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine has an Ellis Optics MK 7. It needs some service, as there is something internally obstructing part of the lens/view.

I tried to reach them on the phone, and nothing. I seen their listing from Google, and it says nothing about their business going south.

Does anyone know anything about the wherabouts of this company? If they are still in business?

Thanks for the information.

Best

Comments

• Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ellis Optics aka Ellis Defense
    8222 118th Avenue North
    Building 610
    Largo FL 33773
    Phone: 646.872.7014
    email:contact@ellisoptics.com, sales@ellisoptics.com
    Ryan Burrowes, Director and ceo of Ellis Optics/Defense
    Website domain is set to expire on:
    03-jun-2012
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    8222 118th Avenue North
    Building 610
    Largo FL 33773
    03-jun-2012

Thanks Juggernaut. I have tried that address, and phone. Ellis is not in that building anymore. They supposedly had a "military contract", and a friend of mine who is also an FFL, got one at the SHOT show several years back(like around 5 or so).

Does anyone know of anyon who will repair them?

Best
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    8222 118th Avenue North
    Building 610
    Largo FL 33773
    03-jun-2012

Thanks Juggernaut. I have tried that address, and phone. Ellis is not in that building anymore. They supposedly had a "military contract", and a friend of mine who is also an FFL, got one at the SHOT show several years back(like around 5 or so).
    Does anyone know of anyon who will repair them?
    Best

NP, I thought you at least had most of it, I presume that you tried the email addresses as well... From the info I figured that they had a military contract as well not to mention the aka and would explain the website expiration lapse too. If so the civilian side will more than likely shutdown for compliance and or just to take care of the military contracts, we had similar things occur with DARPA. Looks like some interesting stuff that they were working with however.
    As you probably already know there are several professional scope repair shops that do excellent scope repair work of most types and are listed in the forums here and out of that I would think that someone should be able to do the repairs.
    Good luck with your search...
    Regards
  • Options
    4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't you try this e-mail addy again. I am sure Ryan will get back to you.

contact@ellisoptics.com

I have always heard that they are a stand up company.

TIM: I have a little more info about this but will not post the info. You can e-mail me through Gun Broker if you would be interested.