In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pachmayr Swing Mount

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have instructions on how to tighten up a Pachmayr Swing Mount? I just mounted one on my Winchester 88 and although there's no movement the thing "swings" pretty easily.

The mount "snaps in place" nicely so I think that small spring steel "hook" that pulls down against the stud on the upper part of the mount is in place, it's just that the thing swings to the left pretty easily.

Also, what is the purpose of the knurled steel wheel in the middle? I've read the wheel is supposed to be turned and allow the upper of the mount to be separated from the base.

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That thumb screw adjusts the tension on the tip off section of the mount. From the rear, screw that nut counter clock wise and it will tighten tip off part of the mount. By loosening the nut, turning clock wise from the rear, you can loosen it to remove the mount.
    That's all I can remember, hope it helps.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, TRAP55 has it right. That knurled nut/thumb screw in the middle is what is used to tighten it. Also make sure that the two contact posts are both touching evenly. This can be adjusted with a very fine file, and feeler gauges.

Best
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I figured the knurled nut provided tension, just couldn't get the thing to turn and didn't know which way was which for loose/tight.

I experimented a bit and found the two end cap screws can be used to adjust how flat the posts sit when the mount is snapped into position. It's a bit of a challenge getting the posts to sit flat front & back but I think I've got it.