In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

>380 Mauser semi- auto hsc super

mrdropclothmrdropcloth Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
iZ am not familiar with this single action at all. In fact I haven't even shot it yet. I just picked it up at gun store.
Its weird when I charge it by pulling back the slide the trigger once dipressed doesnot return all the way back to normal postion. I have to put my finger behind trigger and help it back, What the heck!!
Is this normel? Ive heard this was a good pistol. Ive owned 3 Bersa
.380 and they were swell. Just like this 15 shot mag. Any thoughts ? Thanks much

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pistol your inquiring about was made by Renato Gamba. This is a Italian company who licensed the design from Mauser back in the 80's. The have been imported sporadically by a number of US distributors/wholesalers over the years.

It appears from your description, it has problems with the internal mechanism. I would take it back and request them to fix it, or refund your money. A orphan gun can be really hard to fix, and get parts for. If their isn't any current US based distributor, who would be responsible for repairs or warranty work.

Photo off the net of a Gamba made HSC clone, licensed from Mauser.

P2130686.jpg
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the trigger return spring. I just got done working on one. Gamba makes some very nice firearms, this wasn't one of them. Parts are about non existent. Return it and get your money back, you'll be glad you did.
  • Options
    mrdropclothmrdropcloth Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you 2 guys for taking time to reply.
    I'm driving to gunshop to return this pistol. I had just read your replys / answers and I racked the slide and it is now stuck in full open postion. I removed the mag to see if it had something to do w/ it, not!
    The tigger is now LOOSE as a goose. Maybe a spring popped?
    I see this has no slide lock..??
    Hope the gun store takes it back. It's almost 100 mile round trip.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The slide lock is under the slide on the right side, works with the mag. The slide assembly comes off real easy. When it's off, and the slide lock gets moved, and the slide lock spring launches to places unknown. There is no replacement available!
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    While this clone is not much, the original Mauser Hsc is one fine little gun and very well made.....some prefer it to the Walther ppk. This clone does the original no justice IMO.