In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

357 magnum

catfisg267catfisg267 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
I bought a H. Weihrauch sportwaffen Mellrichstadt imported through F.I.F Miami Fla. and can't find any information on the gun. It's a 6 shot revolver made in Germany, blue finish and a adjustable rear site, front site is fixed. Thanks for any help. Ken

Comments

• Options
    catfisg267catfisg267 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A DAN WESSON MODEL D11357 MAGNUM CT6 THAT YOU CAN CHANGE BARELLS BUT ONLY HAVE ONE COULD ANY ON TELL ME WHAT IT IS WORTH THANKS
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need quality photos, for accurate identification and valuation.

Instructions for posting photos, at this link.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dan Wesson Models in .357 mag were not generally marked on the gun and were Model 11, 12, 14, and 15 (most commonly encountered). The Model 11 and 12's were earlier than the 14 and 15.

Assuming you have a model 11 I think it would be a .357 magnum with fixed sights, an external nut and a barrel shroud with an integral front part making it resemble a pork chop.

Barrel & shrouds in different lengths are encountered on the auction sites, yours with the exposed nut and pork chop shroud is a bit harder to find and generally not as desirable. I think all the other Dan Wesson accessories (barrels themselves without the shroud, sights, grips, barrel tool) will still work on the earlier models.

Without photos an actual identification is impossible and without seeing condition not even a ball park estimate of value could be provided.

Dan R
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are pic's of a Mod 12 here that are similar to the Mod 11.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=378323293

If yours has the pork chop barrel shroud the later shrouds will not work. The lower leg on the pork chop is what retains the cylinder crane.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    DW model 11-fixed sights pork chop bbl
    model 12-adj sights pork chop bbl
    14-fixed sight
    15-adj sight

here's a picture of a 11, notice the barrel nut [;)]

350px-1DW.jpg