In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30mm rings for a Weaver rail

dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to help a cousin of mine out but we are dealing with things beyond my knowledge.
He recently bought a M1a Supermatch that came with a Smith Enterprise M21 mount that has weaver cuts. He purchased a 30mm Vortex scope and 30mm Vortex Precision rings. Until now I thought Weaver and 1913 picatinny were almost interchangeable. The 1913 Vortex rings will not mount to the Weaver rail. The cross slot of the Weaver rail is too narrow for the cross bar of the ring.
I'm now looking for quality Weaver style 30mm rings.
I appreciate and help you could provide.

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Try DNZproducts.com They have an extensive line of semi-custom bases and rings that me include what you are seeking.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picatinny mounting lugs, are approximately .025 thicker than Weavers.

Call up the customer service folks at Brownell's, for the most part they are very knowledgeable. Your going to need 30mm rings to fit a Weaver mount.

You might check their on-line catalog, before even calling them. They have a very extensive selection of rings, mounts etc. On-line.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burris XTR rings should work.