In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus Thunderbolt recall?

MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have seen quite a few examples of Taurus Thunderbolt rifles chambered in .38spl/.357mag advertised for sale as "factory refurbished."

Has there been a recall on this model?

Comments

• Options
    MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I FINALLY got hold of someone at Taurus customer service.

There has not been any recalls.

As a matter of fact, another site I frequent claims Taurus has NEVER issued a recall, on any firearm.

I'm still curious where all of the "factory refurbished" specimens are coming from if there's been no recall.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might not be a recall but I'm betting they took a lot back. The Thunderbolt and the Uberti versions had nothing but problems.
  • Options
    donut77donutdonut77donut Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably refurbished under warranty. My Taurus 605 didn't go bang every time so I sent it in. Taurus said they fixed the problem. Then I sold it without firing it because I won't trust my life with it. It took six months to get it back too. But they did honor the warranty even though I wasn't the original owner. I won't buy another Taurus. Ymmv