In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maverick 88 or Pardner Pump?

bk0331bk0331 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
On sale at Dick's. Either or for $169.99.

Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At that price you got to know their Chinese. What difference does it make. As long as you can bring them back for exchange, if they don't work.

Be sure to take it out for test firing, first thing. I've seen folks buy guns and throw them in the closet. Then years later piss and moan, when they finally get around to shooting them, and they don't work.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maverick will exchange (most) parts and accessories with Mossberg 500 series These are made by Mossberg in Mexico to cut down on costs.

For the same price, that's the one I'd get.

Edit: Apparently the NEF gun will take all the external Remington 870 accessories. And yeah, its made in China:

quote:http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/02/19/nef-pardner-pump-protector-shotgun-review/

I'm talking of course about the H&R/NEF Pardner Pump Protector defense shotgun. It's a 12 gauge pump action with a rugged matte finish and fashioned after the venerable Remington 870 12 Gauge. "Fashioned" may be a fairly lenient term considering the fact that this little dandy is essentially a full blown 870 clone. That's right, all 870 aftermarket products will fit the Pardner Pump Protector with the exception of barrels and magazine tube extensions, the latter of which technically will work with some light modification.

So now its a question of which design you like better.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't speak on the Pardner, but the Mossberg Maverick 88 is assembled in Eagle Pass,TX then disassembled and shipped to Mexico for finishing then returned to to Eagle Pass to be reassembled.

Barrels are interchangeable with the 500.

Google "Mossberg maverick 88 vs Mossberg 500 ".
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had both, I prefer the pardner. It's a very solidly built gun, but I'm not a fan of the mossberg design. Also some 870 parts and accessories will apparently work with the pardner.
  • Options
    revjud6578revjud6578 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't speak to the maverick but I've had a pardner pump for close to 10 years now. No frills but its reliable.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bk0331

Put a C note with it and buy an 870 Express. If you can't afford the extra C note, best advice is to go without.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bk0331

Thanks for the input.

You do realize that you are in direct violation of the Posting Guidelines, don't you?

http://forums.GunBroker.com/PostingGuidelines.asp

Other stuff we automatically delete:

* Commercial advertisements for any product, service, or web site.

* Posts containing links or references to any competing site.