In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Fullfield E1 Riflescopes?

ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hello all. I was checking out the offerings from Burris and found that they are offering a Fullfield E1 rifle scope with and improved balistic plex reticule. I was wondering how this scope compared to the older Fullfield II series of scopes, of which I own several and like very much. I have read and compared the specs but would like any real world experience that any of you may have to offer. My worry is that it is a lower end offering to try to keep up with some of the other makers.

Comments

• Options
    andeanincandeaninc Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burris Fullfield E1 scopes are not cheap versions of Fullfield II scopes. There are two differences between the E1 and the Fullfield II. The E1 has an upgrade, low profile, target turret design. It also has the E1 reticle, which is an enhanced ballistic plex ranging reticle. Instead of having just the ballistic plex's tick marks for ranges from 200 to 500 yards, the E1 has windage dots to the side of each tick mark. The dots represent a full value, 10 mile per hour wind. You can quickly estimate the value for 5mph by halving the windage dot distance, or doubling the distance for a 20mph wind.

All the Fullfield II and E1 series scopes are made in the Philippines (like Nikon's less expensive scopes) to save costs, but keep the same quality standards (95% plus light transmission is good stuff).

I own 4 Burris Fullfield types, and a Timberline, and prefer them for hunting scopes. Not a one has ever failed. The oldest is ten years old.

Due to the very high cost of REALLY GOOD, American made, tactical and close quarters scopes, my next AR15 scope purchase is likely to be a Burris Fullfield E1. I'm simply tired of buying glued-together, sure-to-fail-if-bumped, cockeyed-reticle-right-out-of-the-box, scopes that give a darker picture at dusk than the naked eye. I'm tired of paying for junk scopes.

In my opinion, the Burris scopes are a tremendous value, high quality scopes, give a brighter picture at dusk than the naked eye, 100% reliable, and well-backed by Burris (Forever Warranty). I'm a big fan of Burris. If you're interested, we have them on our e-com store here, at competitive prices:

http://andean-inc.com/category/burris_fullfield_e1scope.html
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andeaninc
    Burris Fullfield E1 scopes are not cheap versions of Fullfield II scopes. There are two differences between the E1 and the Fullfield II. The E1 has an upgrade, low profile, target turret design. It also has the E1 reticle, which is an enhanced ballistic plex ranging reticle. Instead of having just the ballistic plex's tick marks for ranges from 200 to 500 yards, the E1 has windage dots to the side of each tick mark. The dots represent a full value, 10 mile per hour wind. You can quickly estimate the value for 5mph by halving the windage dot distance, or doubling the distance for a 20mph wind.

All the Fullfield II and E1 series scopes are made in the Philippines (like Nikon's less expensive scopes) to save costs, but keep the same quality standards (95% plus light transmission is good stuff).

I own 4 Burris Fullfield types, and a Timberline, and prefer them for hunting scopes. Not a one has ever failed. The oldest is ten years old.

Due to the very high cost of REALLY GOOD, American made, tactical and close quarters scopes, my next AR15 scope purchase is likely to be a Burris Fullfield E1. I'm simply tired of buying glued-together, sure-to-fail-if-bumped, cockeyed-reticle-right-out-of-the-box, scopes that give a darker picture at dusk than the naked eye. I'm tired of paying for junk scopes.

In my opinion, the Burris scopes are a tremendous value, high quality scopes, give a brighter picture at dusk than the naked eye, 100% reliable, and well-backed by Burris (Forever Warranty). I'm a big fan of Burris. If you're interested, we have them on our e-com store here, at competitive prices:

http://andean-inc.com/category/burris_fullfield_e1scope.html

It is generally considered bad form to put a link to your website to sell an item from there.

IBTL.