In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WWII Walther PP32 value

MitterMitter Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited November 2013 in Ask the Experts
Have a very nice WWII Walther PP32. Frame serial and slide serial match. This thing has a nice smooth finish not dull/parkerized type finish. Has the German inspection stamps on the slide, barrel and frame. The holster is a concealed shoulder set up unlike most side holsters and has the German eagle and swastika stamped inside the flap. The magazines are not stamped walther or have serial #s Just wanting to get a general value before I post it up for sale. Thanks.

D3DD7621-C0C4-4221-9050-544627AAB681_zpsx5v7oxtg.jpg
9FD789B0-A3A3-42D8-9067-9A7D1F62ABF8_zpszqjx9a2g.jpg
13E07A4F-94B9-4968-AB0F-9416EB297A4B_zpsvhrzvlzq.jpg
55ACA2D2-2B9C-42DD-83E2-D92FAE3CC5E3_zpsljhngxgm.jpg
97E4635A-BED1-43CC-B03C-9F99931A097E_zps8licqroc.jpg
67270032-AF35-4D92-A9A1-30D8A8DA4E6B_zps6fcc1b5a.jpg
C89D8138-2CD4-48F4-90C4-B3309AD5F7DE_zpsj3kexllj.jpg
051A9F8A-4B74-4A61-BDBE-849555716954_zpskiyqbskp.jpg
F327333B-4A82-479A-B9D7-782C82284B42_zps4u2g2p9c.jpg
AB6CEC31-B7A4-4274-A0F6-60A087AF2B26_zpsudeyypdd.jpg
948EC624-7FC7-4B11-9A51-4454D3788406_zpsosgvdb9i.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a PP to me. A completed auction search would be best.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walther PP's with the "AC" code, were made very late in the production run. Yours probably dates to January or Feb 45? Usually they are quite rough in appearance, as compared to earlier production guns.

Yours more so than most. Specially the left side of the slide. It appears to have been buffed. Can't tell if this is a post war refinish? Or one of the last of the Mohicans from Walther?

Whether it's factory original would have a great baring on collectors value. Personally I think it's a post war reblue, which would put it in the shooter category.

EDIT #1,

Photo off the net, of one in factory original condition in the same serial number range.

EDIT #2,

The original grips of a AC code PP. Would have been made out of wood as per the ones in this photo.

200762142542_Walther%20PP%20Late%20Waffenamt%20Right%20Side.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes. It's a PP. Don't know why I typed just one P.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Wow I would love to do a hands on inspection of that outfit. Many things look great but some look enhanced. and replaced or refinished.
    Value could be all over the place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's possible, and would make sense due to the light eagle stamping on the slide.
    Although the serial side is very strong.
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You appear to have a Walther PP in .32 caliber ac marked pistol.
    (From Standard Catalog of Military Firearms 5th Edition) quote:The ac marking was a late wartime pistol with a milled finish. The ac proofmark was usually found on either side of the slide. These pistols sometimes did not have the Walther inscription or trademark. Wood grips replaced the plastic.
    Excellent condition: $550, Very good: $425, Good: $350, Fair: $250, Poor: $150

The appropriate holster would add some to the value.
    I believe that the Eagle over N was a commercial marking, but the Waffenamt 359 (Eagle over WaA359) indicates a military acceptance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I pulled the grips and they are heavy unlike I would expect a plastic grip to be. The original grips were made of Bakelite if I'm not mistaken. These seem to be just that.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Humm.....interesting PP. Serial # puts it into that last Varation...#5 and it has the correct Waffen inspection # so it is one of the last 2500 accepted before "the end" which is kinda neat for collectors. Some had bakelite grips, others red press wood....just depended on what came up on the assembly line. Your serial # puts it near the beginning of the run so the grips could be the real deal.....only put wood on when they ran out. The shoulder holster looks rough (any maker mark under the flap?) but even with condition issues, looks neat. If it has not been reblued, then if it was mine I would sell the kit for @$700 or so as you have two mags including a finger extension. Anyway, good luck! I have one that was taken off a dead German with his blood on it and buffed out....and it is a great shooter!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Humm.....interesting PP. Serial # puts it into that last Varation...#5 and it has the correct Waffen inspection # so it is one of the last 2500 accepted before "the end" which is kinda neat for collectors. Some had bakelite grips, others red press wood....just depended on what came up on the assembly line. Your serial # puts it near the beginning of the run so the grips could be the real deal.....only put wood on when they ran out. The shoulder holster looks rough (any maker mark under the flap?) but even with condition issues, looks neat. If it has not been reblued, then if it was mine I would sell the kit for @$700 or so as you have two mags including a finger extension. Anyway, good luck! I have one that was taken off a dead German with his blood on it and buffed out...
    ...and it is a great shooter!

The dead German may disagree with you. Just sayin' [B)][;)]
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Humm.....interesting PP. Serial # puts it into that last Varation...#5 and it has the correct Waffen inspection # so it is one of the last 2500 accepted before "the end" which is kinda neat for collectors. Some had bakelite grips, others red press wood....just depended on what came up on the assembly line. Your serial # puts it near the beginning of the run so the grips could be the real deal.....only put wood on when they ran out. The shoulder holster looks rough (any maker mark under the flap?) but even with condition issues, looks neat. If it has not been reblued, then if it was mine I would sell the kit for @$700 or so as you have two mags including a finger extension. Anyway, good luck! I have one that was taken off a dead German with his blood on it and buffed out...
    ...and it is a great shooter!

The dead German may disagree with you. Just sayin' [B)][;)]

Spider......you are so right![8D] The story I was told by the guy I bought it from years ago was that his GI father "liberated" off the body of a German soldier who, being surprised in a house by his father, went for it......but lost the to his father's Garand....but the German was a bit thoughtless and bled on the PP which led to its buffing later....and ruined it for collector value. But I like it!!!