In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-15 feed ramps

7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys,

One way or another Del-ton sent me a rifle upper. I wanted an upper with M4 feed ramps. If I build the upper with a rifle upper receiver and an M4 barrel extension, will I have the same reliablility as if I built the upper with M4 feed ramps on the upper receiver as well?

It may be worth mentioning that the rifle will have a carbine length gas system.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it doesn't have the "M-4" feed cuts already? I haven't seen any upper(new production) that didn't have the cuts.
    M-4 extension with non-cut upper is sort of OK.
    M-4 cut upper with "rifle" extension is a no-go.
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Are you sure it doesn't have the "M-4" feed cuts already? I haven't seen any upper(new production) that didn't have the cuts.
    M-4 extension with non-cut upper is sort of OK.
    M-4 cut upper with "rifle" extension is a no-go.

I'm 100% sure the cuts are not there. I have contacted Del-ton to see if they will exchange it for me.

I figured I would either build without the cuts or make the cuts myself after building the rifle, but I figured that those are less than ideal options. Therefore, I will see if Del-ton will give me an exchange.

I read that carbine gas systems run harder than longer gas systems and that is why Colt started using M4 feed ramps on M4 rifles. I highly prefer the M4 feed ramps on this build.