In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Walther P99

GotdeereGotdeere Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Ask the Experts
I just went shooting pistols for the first time with a friend the other day. He had a Romanian knockoff of a Walther ppk that I fell in love with and was shooting dead on. I went looking for one on this web site and came across the Walther p99. How does this gun compare? Is it good for self defence and general shooting?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I got one of the first Walther P99s that came to the US. Of course, it has that horrible hump in the trigger guard. I noticed in Guns and Ammo that the new ones don't have the hump. Here's my question: Are there enough changes in the new P99s to warrant me selling the one I have and buying a new opne, or should I take the one I have to a gun shop and have the hump surgically removed?

Hizzoner

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah welI would like to get a walther p99 qa or a as i dont really know witch one i should get i am just going to have it for shoot home protection and just to have it jsut to go aorund and shoot stuff jsut want to know what yall think about the p99
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to get a walther p99 qa or a as i dont really know witch one i should get i am just going to have it for shoot it home protection and just to have it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok im interested in this pistol and wonder if anyone has any info on this particualr pistol. im debating between this and the berreta 92-f. on both pistols what is the accuracy like after u have become fairly accustomed to shooting them. Also for any dealers out there on the Walther p22 any idea when its going to be legal in california. thanks a lot -quicklslvr982
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking at getting a walther p99. I was wondering if there is any difference in the accuracy between the 9mm or the 40 s&w? i would appreciate any help on this matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read the thread on the P22's. Is there anything wrong with the P99's?

Preciate it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody had any experence? I think I`m falling in love with one in 9mm, but before I part with that kind of money, I`d like to here good things about it from someone who knows!

NRA Patron member
  • Options
    mcbabmcbab Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah. They fit really well in your hand, have a decocker for internal firing pin, and are accurate.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those I like. [;)] I fired the SW99 over the summer & was really impressed by it's accuracy.

Regards,
    ************************Pistol-02.gif
  • Options
    slidder12slidder12 Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    happy to say it is one of the best guns i have ever owned
  • Options
    jtmccullochjtmcculloch Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

I Agree, I have owned my First Generation P99AS in 9mm since 2004 and Love it. I think it is much better than a Glock

This discussion has been closed.