In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Larger Caliber vs. smaller Frame??

pugmanpugman Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
I'm in the market for a new compact and was wondering what people generally preferred in regards to calibers? Are most still using a 9 mm, or do you prefer a larger calibers in the more compact frames? Price isn't as much a consideration as accuracy. If Wisconsin ever passes a law, it could be used as a CCW.

Thanks.

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by eliminating all those who opposed them

Comments

• Options
    buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its hard to beat the compact models from glock as far as be comfortable to carry. as for caliber, choose the caliber you are more accurate with. it doesn't matter if you carry a 45 if you can't hit a bull in the * with it.
  • Options
    ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm one of the unlucky ones that live in ohio, no conceal and carry here. anyway, i have shot the mini glock in 45 and 9mm. cant beat the 45 for knockdown power however a 9mm loaded with hydro-shocks is a deadly combination.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buckdeer has a great point - get which ever you shoot the best. I'd personally consider 9mm the minimum I'd carry for personal defense. For auto's, my first choice is the 10mm, second is .45 acp, third is a tie between the .357 sig and .40 S&W. Of course, for revolvers, I'd take a magnum...
    If local gun ranges rent pistols, go down there and shoot till you're blue in the face then pick out the ones that feel the best to YOU!

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.