In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contender trigger pull

TtrifleTtrifle Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a contender and the trigger is excessively hard. I have seen the trigger kits on the auction and was wondering if this is the best way reduce the trigger pull or if there is another way?

Comments

• Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Sorry I cannot help you out but I will be interested in any replys.
    I have a contender and the trigger pull is good but I have never had it checked.

Welcome to the forum!

flag.gif
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have an older model Contender and it has an adjustable trigger. I would check the owner's manual and if they say anything about trigger adjustment.
  • Options
    MrGnAMrGnA Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike Bellm has Contender/Encore sear springs and lapping stones that really work.
    He also has the best graphics and step-by-step instructions for the DIY'er. Download his free instructions and see for yourself. I just installed a #2 spring and lapped the specified surfaces--WOW! Silky smooth! It took me approximately 2 hours to refine my Encore rifle because I was probably overly cautious.

You may want to look into his oversized hinge pins.

http://www.bellmtcs.com
  • Options
    buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you take the trigger apart you will find a small spring about half and inch long. if you clip a coil or two off you will get alot lighter pull. becareful not to that to much at a time in order not to ruin the spring. i've also been told you can replace this same spring with the spring from a disposable lighter but i have never tried it.
  • Options
    TtrifleTtrifle Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you for the replies. I am going to check to see if it is adjustable and if not i will try the spring idea. thnks again for the replies.
  • Options
    LagoLago Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if he still does it or where you are located but check with Silhouette Precision Sports in Carrollton, TX. I had the triggers modified on two Contenders about 10 years ago. The sear was chrome plated and not sure what else was done. I was using the Contenders for silhouette competition.
  • Options
    MrGnAMrGnA Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1