In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo question...

rendraggrendragg Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
Generally speaking, for any of you that have used it, what do you think of the Speer "Lawman" ammo? Is it clean shooting, reliable, etc.

Would you recommend another brand?

Specifically I'm using the 9mm 115gr load in a Hi Point carbine.

Never owned any rifle except a .22 until I bought the Hi Point a few days ago so I'm a true neophyte in the medium-large caliber field.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot it in my carbine with no problems. The highpoint carbine will function with most anything you want to feed it. It seemed reliable enough but I only shot about 100 rounds.

Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    rusty1rusty1 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if hi point will shoot anything try wolf speer is to good for a hi point.

rusty1
  • Options
    rendraggrendragg Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Say again Rusty1, I didn't quite understand your message.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Rusty's being a Hi Pointist[:(]; what he means is that Speer Lawman ammo is too good for such a robust & reliable firearm as the Hi Point Carbine.
    I have 2 carbines, both work every time without question(they're just butt ugly to some of our more erudite posters), and lawman ammo works as well as any other brand.
    To answer your original question-Speer's good stuff; I don't like the FMJ on all the Lawman stuff, so every now & then I switch to the Ranger LEOnly fodder. When I tire of those; I shoot my reloads.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree I bought a Hi-Point 9mm carbine with sling muzzle break and Laser off of my dealer.I guess for the money it cant be beat.I bought 4 extra mags from the company,they have a Mag holder that snaps on the butt of the gun to carry extra mags.Its a great gun,shoots well eats anything and goes boom when you pull the trigger.Aside that the lifetime warranty they offer with the gun says alot.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Found a HP carbine at a pawn shop a while back,for $95.00,looked like fun.AND IT IS!!! WALLY WORLD here doesn't give much choice on ammo.
    First box(Winchester 115 gr.fmj)worked great,second box(Winchester WinClean 115gr. BEB)jambs every 2nd or 3rd shot.What gives?

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    I used Speer Lawman SJHP in .45ACP for a number of years and was quite satisfied with them. They were reasonably accurate, reliable, and shot clean.

However, I now use Federal HydraShoks....same benefits as above, but they expand more reliably, and to a greater diameter.
  • Options
    spclarkspclark Member Posts: 408
    edited November -1
    I find my .45 ACP HK USP Expert shoots the white-boxed Lawman, 185 grain Speer ammo better than anything I've been able to buy off the shelf (or handload) since I bought it two years ago.