In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber sights

SSG ZAGSSG ZAG Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in Ask the Experts
My new Kimber Custom CDP has fixed sights mounted in the dovetail, problem is it shoots low and left. I tryed loosening the set screw and moving the rear sight to the right , but it won't budge. I hate to hammer on it, this is a thousand dollar weapon, but short of ordering a custom Bo Mar, what should I try?

Comments

• Options
    buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the only solution for the shooting left is to move the sight either with a brass punch or by takinbg it to a professional gunsmith and having him do it. as for the shooting low the only thing you can do is try a different load different bullet weights usually shoot either higher or lower.
  • Options
    mike vottomike votto Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my kimber also shoots low , my gunsmith took the front sight down about 5/100 and its better but not perfect. to go any lower would put the slide top in the sight picture. hope this helps.
  • Options
    SSG ZAGSSG ZAG Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    William, No offense, I have over 2300 rounds out this year so far,and I teach marksmanship in the military competitive trials, so I hope it's not just me. I'll try a 'chain press' my armoror told me about, he says that's probobly how they got it in there in the first place.
    Thanks for your input guys!