In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TRIJICON OPTICS

rlb3875rlb3875 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I AM THINKING OF BUYING A TRIJICON SCOPE (MODEL TA11F) FOR MY COLT AR-15 FLAT TOP. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE FRONT SIGHT INTERFERE WITH THE SIGHT PICTURE AND IF SO, WILL IT BE NECESSARY FOR ME TO BUY A NEW BARREL WITHOUT A FRONT SIGHT. IF I ATTACH THE SCOPE TO THE CARRY HANDLE, WILL I BE ABLE TO USE THE IRON SIGHT OR WILL THIS PLACE THE SCOPE UP TOO HIGH FOR FOR THE BUILT IN RANGING RECTILE TO BE ACCURATE. RICK

Comments

• Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gimme a break. all in caps? please get a life

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • Options
    WoodrowUSMCWoodrowUSMC Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Diznuff...What's your problem? this is rib3875's first post, what a welcome to the forum. Why don't you give him a break...better yet, why don't you give him an answer to his question!
  • Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got sensetive eyes[}:)]
    all those caps almost gave me a heart attack

_bm.jpg It's better to have it and not need it, Than to need it and not have it.
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RLB3875-Sorry for the "rude" answers that you got to your first post, please do not let them be your guide for using this post in the future. There are very many great "Experts" on this forum, so hang in there.
    And speaking of your question-mounting your scope choice on the flattop of your Ar-15, should pose no problems at all. The sight on the end of the barr3el, will not show up in your sight picture in the scope at all. I am nor an expert on the reason why, I just know it won't happen, so not too worry.
    And the Trijicon scope is a great choice, for any application.

Good Luck!

BigBarn[:o)]

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rick..... Welcome to the forums. Ignore diznuff's impatience.

I have a couple AR flat tops that have Trijicon TA01's mounted. One also has a front sight tower. As Big Barn said it is not a problem. The front sight is visible but sooooo faint and blurry that you dont even notice it.

It is actually more convienent for me to leave the front sight in place, that way if I want to switch back to open sights its just a matter of removing the Trijicon and replacing it with the removable carry handle with it sights.

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    artvlsartvls Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand mounting on a flat top, low power scopes, 3x and lower will show the front sight. I have a 4x on a flat top, I can just barely see a "black ghost" in the lower part of the scope, but only if I look for it, the 4x does not cause a problem.
    Dennis
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are also offset Picatinny mounts for flattops to miss the tower.
    Using them, one doesn't have to cock his head to get in back of the scope.
  • Options
    rlb3875rlb3875 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advise. I believe that I will buy the scope and mount it with the off set picatinny mount per advise from V35. PS: Sorry about the all caps, just the way I normally write. Again, thanks everyone.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep in mind, Trijicon's are warranted only to the original owner. It seems to me that if you really believed in the quality of your product, you'd guaranty it for life (like Leupold does).

Neal
  • Options
    yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Keep in mind, Trijicon's are warranted only to the original owner. It seems to me that if you really believed in the quality of your product, you'd guaranty it for life (like Leupold does).

Neal

I agree with nmyers. If a scope is supposed to be so good, it should be warranted for life like Leupold does. Especially for the price you'll be paying. Now, I do have a set of their night sites for my Ruger P944. Those, I recommend over other night sites.

"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."
  • Options
    MrGnAMrGnA Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys on the "lifetime warranty" bandwagon need to watch the comedy "Tommy Boy" with Chris Farly.