In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP ME OUT

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
IM NEW TO GUNBROKER AND I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A BROWNING LOGO IN MY PROFILE SO IT WILL SO UP WHEN I REPLY TO THE FORUMS. HOW DO I GET THE PIC IN MY PROFILE AND WHAT DO I PUT IT UNDER? THANKS FOR THE HELP!![:)]

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Go to your profile, signature section, and add your link - HOWEVER, you need to put the image brackets on each end for it to show on your postings and check the "yes" box for signature postings
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to be careful you aren't violating somebody's trademark or copyright. There is almost always somebody who wants to give you a hard time about something.

Find the logo you want and put it on your hard drive. If you get it off the internet, just right click on the picture and click on "SAVE PICTURE AS". Then select where you want it on your drive.

After you have the picture on your hard drive you have to upload it to a "host".

To post a picture on GunBroker Forums:

First you will need a host for the picture you want to post. It appears the most popular around here are www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com. Both have free accounts.

If you open a photobucket account, after you upload your picture, you will see a thumbnail of your picture with three lines under it. The lines will be labeled URL, TAG and IMG. The IMG line is the one you want. When you left click on the IMG line it will highlight that line. At the top of the screen left click on EDIT and then click COPY. Now you can close out of photobucket.

Go to your "Reply to Topic" window in GunBroker. Left click in the window to make sure you have a cursor. Left click on EDIT at the top of the screen and then click PASTE.

Under the "Reply to Topic" window, click on preview. You should see a picture. If not something went wrong. Post again and we'll try something else.

If you open a tinypic account, it is similar to photobucket, but it doesn't show a thumbnail. I prefer photobucket.

To use it in your signature line:

Left click on "profile" at the top of the page.

Enter your password.

Enter the line in the signature block (C&P is the easiest way to do that).  Click "Preview" to see if you got what you want.  Click "Submit". If you have problems, send me an eMail and I'll try to help.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.