In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

coonan 357

stopherkingstopherking Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
why is this gun sought after. Is it dependable and accurate. What size groups can be expected at 25 yds. where can one be acquired
thanks

Comments

• Options
    bigbossmanbigbossman Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was the earliest semi-auto format gun that I am aware of that would use the .357 magnum cartridge. Everybody had a revolver in that caliber, but this was unusual in a semi-auto. Desert Eagle now has a .357 out. The Coonan has a heavy steel frame, and I have seen examples of this large-frame auto in a "lefty" version over the years. A top-quality piece of hardware in my experience, but always VERY pricey.... Has a heavy recoil, but a lot of that is controllable bt the shooter's technique. Hope this helps........
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is THE best auto .357. I have two model Bs and a Cadet. You will never see them for sale ever again.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not buy yourself a pistol chambered in 357Sig? Same ballistics, more reliable feeding, lots of choices in handguns.
  • Options
    MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Had a Model B and a Cadet. The B was flawless, but I carry a Commander so I went for the Cadet...problems from the get-go so alas I have neither. They come up on the sites once in a while $750 and up

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing