In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WIN LITE 59

Hacken2Hacken2 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys I am trying to locate a Win Lite 59 For my father-in-law that is a shotgun that he had when he was in the servise as a young man he moved from England back to the States and the gun was gone and they left the extra barrel to the gun and the case He really wants the gun let me know where to look for such a rare gun... Thank you John Miller

You can email me at HACKEN2@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Type in "SEARCH>
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the boards!
    that gun isnt that rare. many winchester model 59's out there. type in 'winchester model 59' and youll get hits here at gb. if not, try the other sites too. email me if you need guidance. and dont let those dummy sellers try to tell you just because it has a steel receiver with a fiberglass bbl, its a 59. model 50's were the steel receiver. the 59 had engraving on the receiver. model 50's didnt.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have one in the shop. You have mail. Thanks Vic & Jane
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum Hacken2: Well there are currently 10 up for auction here at Gunbroker!! Go to the shotgun section, then type in Winchester 59. Watch out for cracks at the end of the bolt handle slot on the side of the receiver and near the serial number on the bottom of the reeiver.

For bobski: Actually Bob the Md 59 used the same receiver as the Md 50 Featherweight, then thet "rolled engraved it".

For tubtechs: The Md 59, has a steel liner about .020 thick, then it was wrapped with fiberglass line, (5000 miles! not a misprint) then coated with an epoxy resin. It's best not to mess with your choke tube, (Versalite tube) if it's gauled, you could ruin the barrel.

Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    onlyw, we knew that![:D]
    my point being, there is a knuklehead on gb selling that calls his model 50 a 59 because all he can find to i.d. it is the rollmark on the wrong m59 bbl installed on his gun.[:(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes bobski, when Winchester went to "interchangeable" barrels, there were a lot of Md 54 1/2s created! (Half a Md 50 and Half a Md 59)[:D]

Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and as we all know...the forearm changed on the 59, which lead to butchered 50 forearms to get them to fit on 59's. what a nightmare. thus my concern about our poster not knowing the woes of bad selection.[:(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello tubtechs: If your receiver has cracks, I recommend you start looking for a replacement now!! They will get worse over time even with just dove loads. I don't recommend you shoot it anymore. when the receiver "cuts loose" somebody could get hurt!!

I know where you might be able to pick up a good receiver, email me at winchester12@msn.com

Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i think the going rate for alloy is 18 cents per pound. you might get 18 cents for it.....time to retire the ole horse. keep the parts though!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hacken 2, what state do you live in? I might know where a nice M59 is for about $350.