In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1A Magazines.

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
I heard about MANY different mags , fakes, GI, Taiwan,china etc/. What about the CURRENT 20RD MAGS sold by SAI right now? Good?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believer that SAI is currently selling mags made by Checkmate Industries (CMI); if so, the same mags are being sold by 44mag distributing at a lower price.

CMI was an original USGI supplier; they are the only current supplier to the government. However, I have one report that current CMI mags use thinner steel that the original ones, making them bulge & therefore difficult to insert when full. At this point, that's only a rumor; if you buy any, try them out right away & let us know how they work.

By the way, both Chicom (matt grey finish) & Taiwanese (polished blue) work as well as USGI mags.

Neal
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    44Mag is the place to get them.

I also have many true Type 57 mags and they seem to run good. I use them at the range and have not had any problems. I keep the CMI in my go to boxes.