In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1867 Rolling Block pistol - value

SaginawgtoSaginawgto Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
First to those who posted replies to my questions about the Browning Sweet 16 I had in a previous posting, thank you very much.

At the same time I purchased the Sweet 16 I got .50 cal. (CENTRE-FIRE) REMINGTON 'MODEL 1867' NAVY ROLLING-BLOCK PISTOL, 11 1/2in. overall, with sighted barrel stamped with 'I / W.D.W.' over an anchor, action stamped on the right side with 'P / F.C.W.' and 'REMINGTONS ILION N.Y. U.S.A. / PAT. MAY. 3D. NOV 15TH 1864. APRIL 17TH 1866' on the left side appears to be a walnut butt and I've been told splinter forend. I only paid about $150.00 for it with the Remington.
I've also attached a couple pics of an old blackpowder rifle with no real markings on it that I know nothing about if someone can help. The gentleman I bought the other two guns from gave me this this blackpowder for free, so I obivously didn't overpay for it but I'd like to know about it. It appears to either be a outh model or to have been cut down, it's shorter then the youth model .410 that my daughter uses. To any who can help a big thank you. Take care!

[img][/img]RollingBlockPistol1867.jpg

[img][/img]blackpowderside-1.jpg

[img][/img]hammeronrifle.jpg

[img][/img]NameonLsideofrifle.jpg

[img][/img]lettersonRsideofrifle.jpg

Comments