In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 700 Classic Stock

walther86walther86 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
I ended up picking up a Remington 700 classic in a 25.06. It didn't have the original wood stock on it though. Will the Classic model fit in a different model's stock, or will I have to find a classic stock? I got a good deal on the rifle, but I was a bit sad I didn't get the original stock.[B)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased a Remington model 700 classic in the 25.06, but it doesn't have the original stock on it. To get a stock that fits it, will I have to find a classic stock, or will one of the other model 700 stocks fit it? BDL, CDL?
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 700 BDL stock will work.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The BDL stock will work just fine, but there are a host of other stocks out there from injection molded plastic to exotic wood that are CNC machined that will work well too. Some even come with pillars installed, or a bedding block.
  • Options
    bugmantraapbugmantraap Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are talking about a true classic manufactured for one year, I believe they had a blind magazine and the stock would be like the ADL rather than the BDL. If it is a new manufacture then the BDL is correct.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a true model 700 classic, but the magazine isn't blind. It is similar to the BDL.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walther86, if your looking at wood stocks the classic stock weighes about a pound less than a BDL.