In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

steyr 25 auto - help

1hbyankee1hbyankee Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
anyone know about this gun? STEYR 25 auto, N. PIEPER patent, serial 77906A---- also there is a broken lever that goes thru the frame at the top of the trigger, can see it in the pic--is(was) this the slide lock? thanks
http://www.Photoshed.net/is.php?i=9163&img=000_1313.JPG

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lever releases the barrel for loading, similarly to the old Beretta .25 autos. The first cartridge can be loaded directly in the barrel, without racking the slide with this system. Here is a large picture of one of the pistols with a intact lever.

There well made high quality little guns, yours looks to be in very good condition, except for the broken lever. Perhaps you can get a replacement from GPC, or one of the other on-line parts dealers?

Steyr25-1.JPG
  • Options
    1hbyankee1hbyankee Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    The Lever releases the barrel for loading, similarly to the old Beretta .25 autos. The first cartridge can be loaded directly in the barrel, without racking the slide with this system. Here is a large picture of one of the pistols with a intact lever.

There well made high quality little guns, yours looks to be in very good condition, except for the broken lever. Perhaps you can get a replacement from GPC, or one of the other on-line parts dealers?

Steyr25-1.JPG
    Thank you. yes thats the one I have, I figured that was what the lever was for. I did test it today and it functions well without the lever. Neat little gun, but I don't need it, so I think I will put it up on the auction. I also have a couple nice old Liliput 25 autos and a nice old H&R 699 25 auto that I guess I will put on the auction also. I just don't have much interest in older guns.