In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for you sellers.

garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
edited April 2008 in Ask the Experts
What percentage of your completed auctions do you have to relist because of non paying bidders? And, has that percentage seemed to increase in the last 6 months?

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ZERO, I stay in constant communication to make sure all goes smoothly. I have never had a non-paying bidder.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Less than 1%. Deadbeats or fun bidders.
  • amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    none out of 30
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a guy. Won an auction for $100(BP revolver), said the gun wasn't worth the money and stated that he "refused" to pay. I noticed he had placed the bid at 3am, figured he was drunk, and told him no problem. I don't even ask him for listing fee or report him to GB. I relist the item. Would you believe this guy had the cojones to bid on the same auction, for the same money and refuse to pay again. I got my listing fees atleast the second time, plus 10 bucks for my trouble. Other than that buyers have been good. I had a couple of deadbeat sellers over the years.
  • flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't had any non paying bidders. I've sent the GB reminder to pay to a few and on one I started the official process because he communication was good to start then never heard from him again. After quite a while I heard back for him, he said money was on the way, and that he had been in the hospital. I cancelled the NPB process and I had my money a few days later. That's the only problem I've ever had online.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It's happened to me several times on eBay but never here on Gunbroker.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive had two in 5 years ...One guy said he had a car accident and the other said he failed the background check after he won the gun ..I got my auction fees back and relisted .. No big deal .. I figure you are goingto ge ta few of these now and then ..
  • MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had about 4 or so. I've also had the oppisite happen, I had a guy pay for an auction but never send an FFL. He's never responded to emails or phone calls. I still have his gun if he ever comes looking for it. I'm thinking he maybe died?