In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question on Ruger shotgun

boltactionboltaction Member Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have an older ruger red label shotgun with 26" bbl's m/ic chokes. My question is can I have 30" bbl's made for it or if I called ruger could they make a set for my receiver. thank's for any information on this

Comments

• Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call'em and find out, unless they have changed the design of the receiver

I would think they could

The question I have is would they??

they are real good about repairs not sure were they would be on something like that.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Ruger. I tried to get them to do a set for me . They refused.
  • Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger does not do custom work....just mass production.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hissinggoose
    Ruger does not do custom work....just mass production.

If that is true, it might be cheaper to buy a RR set up with 30" tubes and sell the other
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the price of a set of new barrels, or a new Ruger, I would sell the one I have(or keep it), and get a New CZ...they are much nicer than the Rugers to start.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you CANNOT be serious about the CZ. They look nice but are mechanically inferior to the Ruger. Ruger made a 30 inch sporting clays model. Mine has over 200,000 rounds thru it with no failures. Try THAT on a CZ
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    you CANNOT be serious about the CZ. They look nice but are mechanically inferior to the Ruger. Ruger made a 30 inch sporting clays model. Mine has over 200,000 rounds thru it with no failures. Try THAT on a CZ

Actually, I am dead on serious. For the price of a new Ruger, I would opt for a better CZ. Before that I would go with a Select Energy Winchester like my TRAP gun, that is ported and back bored, and has an adjustable stock. Rugers, quality, along with their customer service(will not fit another set of barrels to a customers gun), has taken a back seat.