In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DOM 1100 Rem Trap

Stilwater36Stilwater36 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Looked on the web message but was cautioned about shotguns barrel codes not being reliable. My old hunting buddy is not doing well(Big C) and has decided to turn a 1100 remigton Trap 30" barrel fixed full choke SN. M85676xV before something happens. Can't walk asked my help in starting to turn his shotguns. Its like new but would like to date it any help is very welcome. Have to admit this is not something I heally want to do we hunted togeather over 40 years.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Stilwater36,

First, I am sorry to hear your life-long hunting buddy is not faring well. Unfortunately, time has a way of catching up to all of us sooner than we want.

As for dating the gun, the date code on the barrel is the only option that I am aware of. I am not sure what the reason for the caution about the codes not being reliable is, but it could be a result of the barrel not being original to the gun. If the barrel is original to the gun, the date code will be relatively close to the manufacture date of the receiver.
  • Options
    Stilwater36Stilwater36 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bert,I went into the Remington web site and requested DOM. They got back to me in a day with the date 1978. Put same up for sale on a commission basis for $450.00. The dealer looked at it as a fast turn because of the Spring trap leagues forming and the condition. which was 97%. Next to go will be his model 50 winny. Has fore arm cracks but for its age really clean,nice wood. Again THANK YOU!
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Stilwater36
    Thanks Bert,I went into the Remington web site and requested DOM. They got back to me in a day with the date 1978. Put same up for sale on a commission basis for $450.00. The dealer looked at it as a fast turn because of the Spring trap leagues forming and the condition. which was 97%. Next to go will be his model 50 winny. Has fore arm cracks but for its age really clean,nice wood. Again THANK YOU!

You are quite welcome, and good luck on the sale of those nice old shotguns.