In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington rand and win model 70

marcus396marcus396 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
a few months back, I posted a topic on several guns i had an option to buy. Well I bought the remington rand 1911A1, circa 1945 parkerized with Army leather holster with leg strap with soldiers name and id# under flap. The gun is in excellent condition with no signs of wear, i think original clip with 2 extra clips and 3 boxes of 230 gr full metal jacket ammo, ( price on box $2.50) The model 70., pre war 30-06 circa 1941 with steel buttplate, only disappointment, its drilled and tapped for scope, very very few handling marks on wood, no pitting or loss of blueing, my father went and looked at them and called me and told me if i didnt want them, he would, well, that told me right there, they are mine. i gave 1475 for the pair and i am as can be. But as happy as i am, I have a heavy heart. My dads buddy was selling his collection cause he has terminal cancer and he wanted someone who would appreciate and take care of these collectibles. thanks to everyone who gave me advise as to what they were worth. thanks

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    marcus396,

Think of your dad's buddy as being a friend of yours. keep those and don't forget the deal you got, and if you do decide to get rid of them, make sure they are passed on to someone who appreciates fine firearms and history.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Marcus: givette here...receiver D&T'd for scope mounts? If the D&T is on the front receiver ring on top, and on the left side of the rear receiver bridge, that's the way they left the factory.

Yours may still be original. Hope that's what yours' has. Best, Joe
  • Options
    marcus396marcus396 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes I think they are, they are not normal scope mounts, but a lot more wider base than what i seen, but just the shape that it is in for being 67 years old just floors me, i also have reserved his M-14 308 for purchase in may, cannot wait to see it, definitely semi auto matic.

I was just thinking all pre wars had side scope mounts, but if i can get a pic on here later i will try