In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Side By Side 410

pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a sxs 410 with external hammersthe other day. There is no manufacturers name on it.It has a shield stamped on the barrel with an X in it, a pair of crossed guns, another shield with BP in it and a diamond with P.E in it with the number 21998 beside it. Any ideas on what it is that I have?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your description of the Proof Marks, your shotgun appears to be of Spanish manufacture.

It would be best if you could post quality close up photos of the gun and the Proof Marks, for further help in identification.
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the crossed guns, I was thinking Spanish too. I'll try to get some pics and post them. Thanks!...............pops
  • Options
    lcdrdanrlcdrdanr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the shield with the X in it has a crown on top, it is the Spanish Admission Mark, 1929-1930 (Eibar; if it is knights head it's the Eibar admission proof post 1931. The BP with an oval below it and enclosed in a shield is a Spanish optional smokeless proof on shotguns used since 1931. Crossed guns with a number 1 or 2 would be a black powder proof prior to 1931, not sure what it is without the number on it.

Naturally, without clear close up photos of the proofs, these are merely uneducated guesses.

Dan R