In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    taperloctaperloc Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello joedawolf,

Welcome to the forum.
    The info that I have states that the last 1886 made in 1922 was serial number 159337. No further serial numbers were recorded until the 86 was discontinued in 1935 at number 159994,
    Bert H. will be along and will be able to supply more complete information.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    joedawolf,

Hello, and welcome to the boards here on Gunbroker.

That Winchester 1886 you have appears to be a special order Sporting Rifle, but I am sure Bert H will give some correction, or addition to that. It is a Half Magazine, and a Takedown to boot. The sights do look correct, and other than toe split in the wrist of the stock, appears to be in fairly good condition. I will wait and let Bert do the rest...he is the man...for Winchesters that is.

Best
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Model 1886 was in regular production through 1928 versus 1922, with mostly parts clean-up rifles assembled after 1928 through 1935.

That stated, this particular rifle was manufactured sometime after early 1932, as it has a "Proof Steel" barrel. It is not a special order rifle, as all of the late production 1886 rifles were made in .33 W.C.F., and were Take Downs. Based on the condition, it has a retail value of about $1600.

Written from the Gilmore Hotel, Ketchikan, Alaska[:D]
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    The Model 1886 was in regular production through 1928 versus 1922, with mostly parts clean-up rifles assembled after 1928 through 1935.

That stated, this particular rifle was manufactured sometime after early 1932, as it has a "Proof Steel" barrel. It is not a special order rifle, as all of the late production 1886 rifles were made in .33 W.C.F., and were Take Downs. Based on the condition, it has a retail value of about $1600.

Written from the Gilmore Hotel, Ketchikan, Alaska[:D]

I sure hope you are enjoying some Moose meat, and King Crab legs while you are there.