In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 336c

Ruckin69Ruckin69 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
Is there a serial number on the 336 slide and if so is it stamped or hand etched?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i was just wonder what kind of groups people have shot with the marlin 336c. my dad has one and i have shot a quarter 5 times with 5 shots at a 100 yard shooting range. it is a sears and roebuck, but it is made by marlin, you guys know all this stuff. but i was amased by the accuarcy.

one shot, one kill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, meant the breach bolt.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    PART OF THE SER. # IS ELECTRO PENCILED ON THE BOLT ON THE NEWER ONES.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does that include a 1955 year model? Nice tank by the way. Just got my dad this model for Christmas, he's been working on it since!
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    "Nice tank by the way."...........uh, this isn't a 'tank', it's a german railway gun (Anzio Annie) from ww-2. Also I just looked at my early 1950's .35 and it has the last 4 digets of the ser. # on the bottom of the bole
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, long day. I knew that. That model is sick and they have a shell from that in the Imperial War Museum in London. It's 12 feet tall.
    Thanks for your input.