In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
my friend is looking for a rugger grp frame and internal parts.
any suggestions?

pat

Comments

• Options
    lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to get a new 22lr but dont know what to buy. I have a Colt Colteer auto bit i dont like an auto and the Colt is a collectors peice. I would like a bolt or a lever action. Models I am considering are Marlin model 880ss, Winchester model 94 legacy,Browning BL-22,or one of the savage bolt models. Any idea for a cheap scope? A friend of mine wants to sell me his BL-22 for 150$ i know you can't beat that price but it has alot of rust freckles on it. Any cheap way of getting rid of freckles?
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a bunch of retailers that sell gun parts (eg Numrich arms, etc), though if you need an entire gun FRAME *and* internal parts to go with it, it will probably be easier and cheaper just to buy a whole new gun.

Ruger .22 automatics aren't exactly scarce or particularly expensive.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, Numrich no longer sells receivers (frames)

In general, you can USUALLY buy a complete firearm for less than a receiver and several parts. Depends on parts, and how common that are.

Any modern firearm receiver WILL need to go thru a FFL if crossing a state line.