In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1907 Savage 32 Need Guidance

retiredUSAFretiredUSAF Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1907 Savage 32 cal. According to the Serial number 166XXX it was made in 1910.

This savage was given to me about 10 years ago. I kept it for home protection for my wife. She now has a Taurus 40 cal that she can handle like a pro. Now that this 32 cal is no longer being put to use I have her oiled down and sealed away in an air tight storage box with my two Colts one M1911 and a M1911A1.

I was wondering what a gun like this would be worth and any information on or about this savage?

From the little research that I have done on this savage I know it was a French contract gun. The bluing is all intact except on the sharp edges. It is 100% original, to include the 10 ten round magazine, and the black holster.

This is a tight firing gun; it will empty a ten round clip fast and keep a tight pattern.

I tried to post photos of this savage but I cannot figure how to post photos from my computer.

Any and all help will be appreciated!
Thank you all for looking.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instructions for posting photos to the forum.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Savage are descent pistols. Unfortunately not big buck collectors items. A Colt .32 of the same vintage and condition would probably be worth 3 times what the Savage would bring. Sight unseen, my WAG is that it would be in the $200-$350 range.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    there was one on GB last week at $385 that didn't sell, but one sold for $425 on another site. both were 95% guns, but no holster.
    i just bought a 1917 in 380. paid $450 for it.
    like rufe said, there's not alot of collector interest in them.