In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SS ruger 77/22LR All Weather

JohnsojjJohnsojj Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have wanted one of these firarms for about 6 years now i finally found one and when I did I did not look it over properly. The previous owner has sanded/cut down the stock to fit a factory Ruger 24" Bull Barrel. I am wanting to get this gun back to original form. I have ordered a Factory stock from Midwayusa now im down to the barrel what do I do to get this back to the way it was when it came from the factory. What do people do with there factory barrel when they change them out how do i get one and is there a place for me to go with my barrel. feel free to email

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    sorry it is a synthetic stock
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't help you but would like to have your castoff parts. There should be some of the original barrels around from 17Mach2 conversions. I don't know if all were alike, mine came with rings but w/o sights. I'll tell you mine has been a wonderful rifle and I don't say that often. I would like a heftier stock for offhand shooting but I'm not going to complain.
  • Options
    amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger didn't offer a 24" bull barrel in the 77/22 rifle. you may have a varmint or target barrel. if it is stamped ruger and stainless i would be interested in it. this barrel will shoot better than the barrel you are wanting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your correct it is stamped ruger and is the target barrel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and yes i am aware that the barrel I have will shoot better but i want the rifle original. I may of been happy with the barrel but who ever put it on done a poor job fitting the barrel to the ruger synthetic stock. I am just not happy with the gun in its present shape
  • Options
    edited November -1
    other than shipping my gun of to ruger how do I find a factory barrel or find someone who wants mine
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Green Mountain makes a factory replacement barrel which is very close to the original contour. I don't know if they have them in stainless. I got a factory contour in 17M2 but had to do a little fitting on the stock. You could not tell the difference w/o comparing side by side. The front sight ramp is different from a plain 10-22.
  • Options
    amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Johnsojj
    other than shipping my gun of to ruger how do I find a factory barrel or find someone who wants mine

if you can, send pictures of your barrel and price wanted to
    jambler49@yahoo.com
    you can go to rimfirecentral and post a want to buy for the barrel
    you want and you can do the same here in the want to buy forum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i can take pictures and email them to you i have no idea what the barrel is worth
  • Options
    edited November -1