In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old-Colts, Rufe, people in the know......

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was recently informed that the colt saa'a being produced now are not made in the U.S.A., is this true? Are these infact made in Italy, and assembled here in the U.S.? TIA

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I can't answer your question since my interest in Single Actions is exclusively 1st generation guns. I recently read a thread on the Colt Forum that pretty much asked the same question. I'll see if I can find it if someone else isn't able to help you.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    UPDATE:

I found the thread on the Colt Forum and it was from March of this year. One of the posters actually wrote Colt a letter asking this question and here is a part of the response from Colt:

quote:your letter concerning your colt saa revolver has been forwarded to me for reply.

Please be advised that all saa revolvers made by colts manufacturing company are made in the USA. all parts for current production saa`a are also made in the USA.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another Icon saved from outsourcing. You are a good man Old-Colts![^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're welcome!

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Another Icon saved from outsourcing. You are a good man Old-Colts![^]

+1
    What's next?
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct, Todesengel, in posing this question. Colt's modern blackpowder series of revolvers were made in Italy and assembled in the USA.