In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Serial number

worldtrade3540worldtrade3540 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have an older Savage model 219 30-30 single shot rifle. I can't find a serial number on it. Is that possible?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello all.
    What year did serial #'s become required?
    Thanks, Leonard.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I look up a serial number online to find a guns specs.?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i would like to know production date and more about a set of colts that came together as a set the front of the case says manufactured
    exclusively for NRA Washington DC register number 657 any info would
    be appreciated
    . the colts are officers revolvers 22 LR and a 38 heavy barrel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there a web site to check serial numbers on a gun before you buy a used hand gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Say I wanted to buy a gun out of the classifieds in the paper. Is there a way to run the serial numbers to check its history and make sure its a clean buy? A phone number or a website?fuddaddy13@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While employed at the Los Angeles Police Department I was visiting the local sports store, Andrews Sporting Goods, in Reseda. The valley. The Winchester agent came in to visit the store. In those days the reps drove station wagons with the Winchester logo on the rear side windows. Impressive. In casual conversation the rep stated a new rifle was being developed by Winchester. It was a 9422 Magnum. 22.mag on the old 94 design. Several of us ordered one and about 18 months later Andrews called and said our rifles were in. The serial number on mine is F80146. Can you tell me how to research this serial number. Can't find anything for the 9422 on the site. Thanks, Tom.

Your reference site over at Rimfire was able to give me the contact info over at Winchester. This one was manufactured in 1973, the second year of production. Rep says that is why it took 18 months to get the rifle. Apparently a popular rifle then and orders were backed up. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a winchester 94 32 w.s.,with a serial number 306089. It has a peep site on top. What year was this lever action rifle made. I believe it was made in 1904. The rifle is in excellent condition.

AJ Romero
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll triple that. A seller had a custom made officer's model for sale on {elsewhere} from Caspian that had his own custom serial number on the frame. It was a combination on letters and numbers.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Al,
    According to Berts polishing room records and reserch, your model 94 in 32WCF was made in 1906. At this writing, I beleive Bert is in the wilds of Alaska communing with the bruins, taste testing blended wiskey, or some other nobel endeavor.
    W.D.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    Al,
    According to Berts polishing room records and reserch, your model 94 in 32WCF was made in 1906. At this writing, I beleive Bert is in the wilds of Alaska communing with the bruins, taste testing blended wiskey, or some other nobel endeavor.
    W.D.

I hope he remembers to sample the King Crab while he is there, and maybe have some moose tenderloins with Sara Palin.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    God bless Sara, and moose tenderloins.[:D][:D]
    W.D.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    God bless Sara, and moose tenderloins.[:D][:D]
    W.D.

God bless Sarah's tenderloins. [:p][;)]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Sounds like that gun deserves a cody letter.