In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buehler safety for 1891 Mauser?

ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
Just got an 1891 Argentine sporter. Still has military safety that is always "on" as scope mounted low doesn't allow full arc over to "safe". Brownells has Buehler safeties for 1898, '93 thru '96. Will the 93/96 work on my small ring Mauser? It says I may need to "grind" the cocking piece? Any advice?[|)]

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "Brownells has Buehler safeties for 1898, '93 thru '96. )these will not fit a m-91. the easyest way to get around this is to exchange the m-91 firing pin assy. (f.p., bolt shroud, safty et.all) for a m-95/93 one. then use the buehler or mk-2 safty. buehler and others used to make safties for the 91, but they have been 'out of print' for some time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I called Williams Gun Sight and they could install a Buehler safety. It would be $60 labor + cost of safety they have to order it. From Where I wonder. I called both Brownell & Midway. Midway gave me the ph. # of Timney Trigger in Arizona. NO...they don't make them for the 1891 Argentine anymore. Well.... they got ONE order out here waiting. Know of anyone with a drawer full of 1891 Buehler safties Please let me know![^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hooray!!! I just bid on a Maynard Buehler 1891 Mauser Safety on Gun Broker and hit the "buy it now" button. So now I'll have the safety that allows the use of Scope with turned down bolt. Really Nice![:D]