In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P-14 ( .303 British) vs Model 1917 (30-06 US) +1

sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
Guys,

Sorry, you are correct. The P13 was in .276 Enfield. Which was still a pretty powerful round. That's the reason they never adopted it.

Anyhow, the confusion came when I was buzzing through my new Robert W.D. Ball book, Mauser, Military Rifles of the World and saw in the appendix starting on page 401 (German guide to captured weapons) and seen on pages 406 and 426 the name "Ross" depicting a P14/1917 rifle.

When I saw .276 I was somehow thinking there was some confusion regarding the Pederson.

See how confusing that gets?

Ambrose,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give it a go.

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, Sandwarrior! Thanks for all of the help!

That info regarding the .276 was one of the very few things that I did know ... I'd read-up on that point and a couple of others, just a very few days prior! So it wasn't really a matter of this large quantity of quality information that I'd retained from many years ago. It is at times finding a good reference or source, so this on GB is great.

I figured at the time that you purposely did it so I'd maybe not continue feeling so shddpishly about some of my glitches. The ones that I feel worst about are the ones, where I really did know the info. and mis-spoe or mis-wrote!

To Sandwarrior and to all that have jumped in, thanks very much for the information, pointers and thoughts. It has been a big help to me! I will follow-up and get the reference, thanks...