In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt ace 22lr

stastastasta Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find out what a colt ace 22lr pistol that has gold inlay on it that says yellowstone national park special edition. the serial# is 41302bXX can anyone tell me the date of manufacture and what it is worth new in the box never fired.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Find the book, Colt Commemorative Firearme by R.L.Wilson for some info.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any chance that the letter in the SN is a "g" rather then a "b". Colt made a last run of the .22 Aces's in the 70's, sounds like yours is one of them. It would only be considered a Commemorative if it it was cataloged as such by Colt, other wise it would only be a limited edition made as a special order gun for a organization or a specific retailer.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need to see photos. They should show all markings on the gun, the box, & the box label.

Neal
  • Options
    badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Colt Ace was not made after World War II, so I suspect you have a Post-War Service Model Ace, reintroduced in 1978 at Serial Number SM14001 and discontinued again in 1982. IF your gun is actually a Colt, it must be some sort of special run. Pictures are needed, especially of any markings on the frame.