In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What does this Clip fit?

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Ask the Experts
Was told this was for a Taurus but have also been told that its not for a Taurus because it doesn't have the cut in it for the magazine catch. Could someone advise if it is or is not for a Taurus and if not, what does it fit? Thank you in advance.
9mmClipA.jpg
9mmClipB.jpg
9mmClipC.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are called magazines and it might be for the Taurus or the Beretta 92F, they are almost identical.

With the release notch in the front, it could also be for the newer Glocks.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the location of the magazine release notch, I believe it's for a Ruger.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    It could be a Springfield XD magazine. They have the notch in the front.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    it is for ruger P89 93/94 95 and PC9 carbine 10 rounder the orange label is the give a way[^]
  • Options
    elkdroppingelkdropping Member Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on the Ruger 10rd. capacity I believe.
  • Options
    76k2076k20 Member Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    it is for ruger P89 93/94 95 and PC9 carbine 10 rounder the orange label is the give a way[^]

Correct!
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like a Ruger P series to me
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on Ruger!
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    They are called magazines and it might be for the Taurus or the Beretta 92F, they are almost identical.

With the release notch in the front, it could also be for the newer Glocks.

you're correct on the nomenclature. its a magazine, not a clip.

unfortunatley, thats the only thing you got right. that magazine would not fit a glock, a taurus, or a beretta.

im not a glock expert, but i have never seen a metal glock mag. ever. maybe their out there. maybe theres an aftermarket company out there making metal mags that i just have never seen. maybe the newest glock mags(gen 4+) have metal mags(i wouldnt know. i live in mass where we cant have glocks made after 98 unless you have a badge). all that being said, i still have never see, or heard about, an all metal glock mag. either way, theres no chance in hell thats a glock mag.

it cant be a beretta or taurus(or at least not a pt-92) mag. the cutout for the mag catch isnt anywhere near where it should be, nor is it the right shape. pictured below are beretta and taurus(pt92) mags.

beretta_40cal_magazine.jpg

31319.jpg

looks like a ruger mag to me, but i wouldnt swear to it.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1